Progress through process in developing leaders
Michael is a seasoned executive, consultant, educator and a global “thought leader” on organizational improvement and operational excellence. He is an organizational improvement (OI) specialist with extensive experience leading OI initiatives targeting operations, manufacturing, health care, customer service and quality. For over 30 years, Michael has led small and large organizations through basic and “easy to grasp” processes which have resulted in increased operational efficiency and optimized effectiveness. Michael has consulted with individuals and cross functional senior leadership teams to achieve and/or surpass business and technical objectives. He has successfully implemented continuous process improvement tools in for profit and not-for-profit organizations.
- Senior Operations Executive with extensive experience in consumer products, public sector, healthcare, and manufacturing global markets
- Increasing operational efficiency/profitability through process improvement and effective team building
- Managing production, operations, quality control, project management, engineering and purchasing functions for four multinational corporations
- Comprehensive knowledge and practical implementation of proven business practices including Lean Six Sigma, SPC and Lean Business Principles.
- Directed and implemented organizational change efforts at regional, divisional, and national levels resulting in productivity and cost savings of over $25 million at major corporations
- Adjunct Professor, Senior Facilitator and Director, Organizational Development
- Organizational development, process analysis and improvement, strategic planning, tactical execution, operational efficiency, customer relationship management and business process management.
Education, Credentials and Achievements: MA, MBA
- B.S., Industrial Management, Purdue University
- MBA, Strategic Planning, Xavier University
- MA, Organizational Development, Loyola University, Chicago
- Michael is a certified Lean Six Sigma Black Belt
- Founder, President, Coach- MDCAV Associates, LLC (2001)
- Senior Consultant – Thunderbird Leadership Consulting (2013)