Committed to high reliability organizations and just cultures
Amy brings 30 years of proven leadership experience in healthcare organizations to her service as an organizational effectiveness consultant and executive coach. She leads large scale change, cycles of innovation and cultural transformation using complex adaptive systems, appreciative inquiry and positive deviance principles. Amy has worked extensively with organizations on their magnet journey and has assisted all of her clients in designation and/or re-designation. She coaches senior level leaders, physicians and educators individually or with their teams.
Amy worked in the Banner Health System for over 20 years in various roles including Service Excellence Administrator, Patient Safety Officer, Senior Director of Nursing Systems, Director of Professional Practice and Organizational Development Consultant. She had responsibility for patient experience, leadership development, quality improvement, root cause analysis, instructional design and Magnet re-designation.
Amy specializes in executive and leadership development, team coaching, strategic planning and implementation, creating high reliability organizations and just cultures, designing and implementing cycles of innovation, leading organization change, developing effective teams, process improvement and evaluation.
Certifications, Education and Achievements:
- Assessment Based Certification (Magnet)
- Board Certified Nursing Executive
- Patient Safety Officer
- DISC and Emotional Intelligence
- BS in Nursing, Bowling Green State University, OH
- MS in Nursing, University of Arizona
- PhD in Nursing, University of Colorado
- Postgraduate certificate in Executive Coaching, College of Executive Coaching
- Publisher of a book chapter on Evidence-Base Practice and articles on Magnet, accountability and cycles of innovation
- Managing Partner, Consultant and Executive Coach- Thunderbird Leadership Consulting (2007)
- Vice President- Nursing, Quality and Evaluation – Language of Caring, LLC (2012)
- Consulting Associate – Tim Porter O’Grady Associates (2006)
- Executive Coach – David Couper Consulting (2013)