Listening deeply beyond the words to the heart of the real story, bringing what is not obvious to the forefront
Jill’s passion is helping people become clear about the direction they need or want to take in their lives. She accomplishes this through skilled and compassionate listening, with sincere appreciation for the gifts that people bring, and the situations they face. Jill has a calm and accepting presence, which encourages the process of opening up and understanding what is going on. She has the ability to sit with people in conflict and help them arrive at common ground. Jill has a positive outlook and a sense of humor, and genuinely enjoys coming to understand the people she works with.
Experience: During Jill’s 30+ years as a Registered Nurse, educator, and EAP coordinator, her highlights include:
- Education/Outreach Coordinator for Peer Assistance Services, an employee assistance program working with small businesses and health professional diversion programs in Colorado.
- Educator in hospital and university settings, Indiana and Colorado
- Mental Health Clinical Nurse Specialist in a community hospital in Boise, Idaho
- Quality Assurance and Risk Management roles in healthcare settings; Idaho, Arizona and Colorado
- Leadership Consultant and Coach with Thunderbird Leadership Consulting, Arizona
Education, Credentials and Achievements:
- BSN, University of Evansville, IN
- MSN, Psychiatric-Mental Health Nursing, Indiana University-Purdue University at Indianapolis
- Certificate in Alternative Dispute Resolution, University of Denver
- Employee Assistance Professional certification (2001-2006)
- Sisneros and Associates (2004-2007) Associate, Webmaster
- Thunderbird Leadership Consulting (2007-present) Senior Associate, Webmaster, Coach
“It is with sincere gratitude that I express my experience of personal growth during my coaching sessions with Jill over the past few months. Not only does Jill actively listen, she hears what the underlying conversation is that remains unsaid. Her insights and ideas have fostered contemplation and new actions to take to meet my desires and goals. Thank you, Jill, for supporting me in achieving balance to what can be an otherwise hectic pace, as well as allowing peace of mind in the face of circumstances in life.” Nadina F.
Read Jill’s October, 2017 Blog on the Heart of a Good Story.